Mmmm, everytime I see this picture, I so wanna eat it again! This simple refreshing yet textural vegetable dish is so easy to make yet so flavourful. Imagine crunchy garlic shoots, crispy skin tofu and springy prawns, all come together.
- 1 bunch of garlic shoots
- 150gm of prawns, deshelled but tails in-tact
- 2 firm tofus, quartered
- 2 tablespoon of light soya sauce
- 1 garlic cloves, diced
- Dash of pepper and salt
- To prep the prawns, mix 1/8 tablespoons of bicarbonate soda with 1/4 cup water and soak them for 5 minutes in the fridge. When done, discard the bicarb solution and rinse the prawn well under running water. Pat dry.
- To prep the tofu, heat up 2 tablespoons of cooking oil in a pan. When the oil is hot, add the tofu and fry them till golden on all sides. Set aside.
- With the remaining oil in the pan, throw in the garlic and stir fry till fragrant. Add the garlic shoots and stir fry for 1 minute. Next, add the prawns and combine well.
- Add the light soya sauce and sprinkle a dash of pepper. Stir fry till the prawns are cooked and turn off the heat. Lightly sprinkle with some salt and do a couple of stir to combine well.