Clean, crisp, fresh lettuce salad – just a nice palate cleanser I think. I was inspired by a Japanese salad I tasted recently that had cornflakes in it. It was so yummy and crunchy. In this creation of mine, I’d made sure I have my favourite Hass avocado in it, to enrich the dressing with its creaminess.
- 5-6 lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup cranberries
- 1 cup cornflakes
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- Dash of salt
- Break the lettuce leaf into small pieces with your hands into a salad bowl.
- Dice the cranberries if they are of big chunks. Set aside.
Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and twist it apart. In one hand, hold the avocado half that contains the pit; use the other hand to firmly strike the pit with the blade of a chef’s knife to remove the pit. Scoop the meat out with a spoon and cut the avocado into small chunks.
- Place the avocado chunks on top of the lettuce leaves.
- Drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle dash of salt. Gently using a thong to toss the lettuce and avocado to mix well.
- Place the cornflakes in a small bowl and drizzle with honey. Using a spoon, gently combine to mix well.
- Toss the cornflakes into the salad bowl and top it up with cranberries. Serve the salad in smaller bowl if you wish.