Today I let my other half took over the kitchen. He is not the kind of person that likes to spend too much time in the kitchen (even when he was living alone). His staple diet was either tuna, pizza or instant noodles, sad isn’t it? So among the 3 choices, I chose Pizza of course – thinking it would be something that looks like from pizza takeaway place but to my dismay, it was not! His version is much simpler – just use English Muffins as the pizza base. Anyway it tasted good and very fluffy indeed.
Here’s how to make Mini Bacon Cheesy Pizza (well, cheat version, teehee). This recipe makes 6 pizzas.
- 3 pairs of english muffins (top & bottom are considered as 1 pair)
- 1 teaspoon of butter
- 1/2 red capsicum, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 cups of diced bacon bits
- 1 mini can of tomato base for pizza
- 1/2 cup of chopped champignon mushrooms (water discarded)
- 2 cups of mozzarella/mix strong cheese
- Dash of pepper
- Heat up a non-stick pan and when hot, pan fry the bacon bits till they are golden brown. Set aside.
- Spread the butter on the english muffins, thinly.
- Next, spread the tomato base on the muffin.
- Heat up the oven on 180 C degrees.
- Sprinkle the bacon bits, capsicum, onion, mushrooms and dash of pepper on the muffin.
- Top it up by sprinkling cheese on top of the ingredients.
- Carefully place them on a baking pan and pop into the oven for 20 minutes, until the cheese have melted and vegetables turn soft. Careful not to over bake as the muffin will turn hard.