I am a big fan of broccoli not only because they are superfood, because I love the texture and how much fiber you are getting out from this little green thing. I love just eating it blanched and slightly salted – how boring right? There are many ways to cook this superfood and today I shall share with you how to do this simple stir fry dish with prawns and Chinese mushrooms.
- 1 cup of prawns, shelled and deveined
- 1 broccoli, just the head
- 1/2 carrot, sliced
- 2 Chinese mushrooms, soaked till soften. (keep the water aside)
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon of cornflour mix with 2 tablespoons of water
- Dash of pepper
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan.When oil is hot, add in the garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add the mushrooms and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add the carrots and broccoli and stir fry to combine well.
- Now add the prawns in and oyster sauce, then the water that was used to soak the mushrooms earlier. Stir to combine.
- Keep cooking for a minute or so and pour in the cornflour water to thicken the sauce. Combine well.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit in the pan for a minute before dishing it out on a plate. Serve hot.
Simple, healthy and delicious!