One day I ran out of idea of what to cook (well, it happen quite usual these days). Coincidentally I was browsing Woolsworth catalogue online and there were some sales of Masterfood ready made sauce packet so I asked my other half to pick one of the flavours. He picked Apricot Chicken; which happens to be one of the things I’d like to try but never had the courage to cook because I haven’t eaten it before. Apricot chicken is one of the common OZ household dish and quite a comforting food. I adapted the steps from the packet but made some adjustment (I did not get a Apricot nectar) so here’s my cheat/quick shortcut version of Apricot Chicken:
- 1 packet of Masterfood Apricot Chicken base sauce
- 6 dried apricots, halved
- 1 white onion, sliced thinly
- 2 carrots, cut into 1cm chunk
- 700gm chicken thigh/breast
- Heat up 1 tablespoon of cooking oil and cook onion until soft.
- Add chicken and cook until brown.
- Add carrots and dried apricots, stir fry for 2-3 minutes until soft.
- Add the recipe base, stir through and simmer uncovered for 20 min or until liquid has reduced and thickened.
I serve the Apricot Chicken with Garlic Rice and it was a good combination.