Too much indulgent of fatty food during this season of celebrations? There is not better time to kick start clean eating habit and indulge in low fat, healthy food after a long stretch of very meaty, very fatty diet. I made this superb simple pasta (which I think may not look as promisingly tasty when you read the ingredients list) but I promise you it is vice versa! I cannot believe how simple things like lemon juice when accompanied with savoury feta cheese would deliver such a complex flavour.
- 200gram shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 200gram chicken breast meat
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 250gram spaghetti
- 250gram cherry tomatoes, halved
- 100gram feta cheese, crumbed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cup spinach leaves
- Half a lemon
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chicken breast in and cooked them until browned. Remove chicken meat with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add another 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook shrimp and garlic until shrimp is pink. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente, then drain.
- While pasta is cooking, cook tomatoes and mushrooms with remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat until tender, 10 minutes.
- Toss hot pasta with chicken, shrimp, tomato sauce and squeeze in the lemon juice. Add dash of salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the spinach leaves in and toss it well with the pasta to slightly wilt the leaves. Next, add in crumbed feta cheese. Serve hot.