Thai Red Curry on my taste buds reminds me of Tom Yum concoction with creamy Curry. It is sourish, fragrant and appetizing. The best protein to go with, in my humble opinion is Seafood. Thus this time I made it with Prawns/Shrimps, compared to the previous attempt using only Chicken. I wanted to go all Seafood but my other half is not a seafood lover, so I had to add some Chicken,otherwise he won’t touch this bowl of delicious curry. To add a bit of color and texture I have also made use a snow peas, and some fresh Coriander/Cilantro. This is a very simple curry for quick weeknight dinner and still very delicious the next day.
- 200 gram prawns, deveined and shells removed except for tail
- 200 gram chicken thighs, cut into chunks
- 3 generous tablespoon of Thai Red Curry Paste (I used Valcom’s)
- 1 cup of thin coconut milk
- 1 cup of snow peas, strings removed
- 1/2 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1/2 lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of cooking oil
- Heat up a saucepan over medium heat. When hot, add the oil and place the chicken into the pot.
- Brown the chicken slightly then turn the heat up. Stir in the curry paste. Mix well.
- Add the prawns. Notice they start curling up, then add the coconut milk and fish sauce. Let it boil for 3 minutes.
- Add the snow peas. Reduce the flame to medium heat. Cover the saucepan with a lid and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the lime juice. Stir well, then turn off the heat.
- Ladle the curry into a bowl, then garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve hot with jasmine rice.