Sorry for missing out on blogging for quite some time. I feel terrible that I only wrote 3 posts this month. I have been busy with personal stuffs recently hence I couldn’t find time even to switch on my personal computer! Anyway today I’d like to share with you one of my quick cheat but yet delicious recipe using ready-made Tandoori Paste from Patak’s. This brand is my favourite when it comes to Indian cuisine, and whenever I feel like cooking some really fast and yummy Indian food.
I made this Tandoori Chicken alongside with simple Pineapple and Cucumber Acar, which is a famous Malaysian pickled side dish. Acar is a pickled dish that tastes sweet and sour because of the pineapple juice and use of white vinegar. Aside from that there is also the sweetness of red onion, refreshing cucumber with a light tint of spice from red chili. Acar is usually made and set in the fridge a night before so that the vinegar can work its magic overnight.
- Preheat oven on 180C degrees.
- In a bowl, mix the tandoori, the yogurt, lemon juice and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Make several deep cuts into the chicken drumsticks and spread the paste mixture over the chicken.
- Leave the chicken and paste mixture to marinate overnight.
- When ready to cook, place the chicken onto a lined baking tray and spray some cooking oil on the chicken.
- Bake the chicken for 30-40 minutes until the thickest part of the drumstick is cooked through. Remove the chicken from the oven halfway through and brush with remaining tandoori mixture to ensure that it doesn’t dry out.
Pickled Pineapple and Cucumber (Acar Nenas & Timun)
- 1/2 fresh pineapple
- 1 Cucumber
- 1/2 red onion
- 1 red chili, seeded
- 4 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon vinegar
- Slice and dice both the pineapple and cucumber any size you like.
- Slice the red chili and red onion.
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and vinegar.
- In a large salad bowl, add in all sliced pineapple, cucumber, red onion, chili and the seasoning.
- Using a tong, toss the ingredients and seasoning well. Adjust the amount of sugar and vinegar as necessary.
- Keep it cold in the fridge for overnight before serving.