Pretty little Salmon Vol Au Vents. This small little devils were simple, quick to assemble bite-size goodies for high tea snacks. I recently made a small batches for a girlfriends gathering event. These petite vol au vents pastry shell/cases were from Woolsworth – ready made, and so they only need couple of minutes in the oven to preheat, and you can add any combination of fillings you wish. I followed the recipe recommended which was to use Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese. Next time I want to try with Chicken or Vegetarian fillings. These babies were really pleasant to look at especially when they are seated on the high tea platter tray at my friend’s place. Too bad I didn’t lug my camera along, there were so many other pretty little snacks and pastries at the gathering. Anyway, here’s my take on how to make salmon cream cheese vol au vents.
- 1 packet of 60g ready made Vol-Au-Vents (12 shells)
- 100gram of spreadable Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped Dill
- 60g Smoked Salmon
- Salt and pepper
- Few sprigs of Dill for garnishing
- Reheat pastry shell for 8 minutes in oven at 160C degrees.
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, lemon juice and chopped dill in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a small teaspoon, fill pastry cases with cream cheese mixture. Top with salmon and dill sprigs. Serve.